Available as a two-channel or four channel unit, the ALX II Workstation is utilized in many different applications and is the industry workhorse for the international oil and gas pipeline sector. This unit has all the facilities of the portable ALX II but x 4, allowing one unit to monitor up to four welding heads from a single location. It is supplied with voltage and current measurement on all channels as standard allowing the customization of the unit by adding whatever combination of options are required to each channel, producing the most versatile and cost effective welding data logging system available.
The ALX II Workstation is a rugged, hard-working unit designed to withstand the tough conditions of the working environment. It is equally at home monitoring welding procedures, qualifying welders or in a laboratory situation where precision welding of fine components and exotic materials requires the most accurate data logging system.
In a pipeline production situation the ALX II workstation leaves its rivals way behind. The unit is compact, easily moved by one man to allow fast set up and breakdown, thanks to its high quality none intrusive probe connections. Specifi c pipeline software allows a complete welding procedure from root to cap to be pre-programmed into the system so that a single Workstation can monitor the whole weld or can be used to monitor preset weld passes in different stations. ALX II Workstations can be networked together so that a single master station can be created where all the welding data can be correlated into a single report.
The ALX II Workstation has the powerful pulse monitoring software option available, which can be fi tted to some or all channels in a single unit. Monitoring and reporting of complex welding pulses presents no problems to this model which has the speed and processing capacity to produce instant reports of each weld pass no matter how complex the waveform. Special software packages are available which enable the full integration of several ALX II Workstations to produce units of eight channels and above.
For hostile environments, the ALX II Workstation is available with optional integral heating and cooling.
- Mains Powered 100 – 230 volts AC 50/60 Hz. Or optional high power battery pack
- Twin channel as standard with option to add a further two channels
- Network capability to connect further workstations (two- or four-channel)
- Non intrusive probes
- Monitors voltage and current as standard
- Options for wire feed, gas fl ow, travel speed and temperature measurement
- Optional pulse monitoring and analysis software package
- Complete WPS programmable from root to cap
- TIG H.F. protected
- Network connection and USB ports
- Pipeline specifi c operation and software packages
- Aux. Inputs confi gured to customer specification